Disaster Area MIDI Controller, 6-button
The DMC-6 is our largest MIDI controller, with six easily stompable buttons and a built-in expression pedal input. The upper-right LED is configured as an RGB LED for increased versatility.
Dimensions: 7.38″ x 4.7″ x 1.3″
Connections: MIDI OUT, USB firmware update, 1/4″ expression control input (TRS)
Available control modes:
- Red preset – 5 user-selectable presets, press the currently selected preset to bypass
- Green preset - 5 user-selectable presets, press the currently selected preset to bypass
- Blue preset - 5 user-selectable presets, press the currently selected preset to bypass
- Orange preset - 5 user-selectable presets, press the currently selected preset to bypass
- Violet looper – Looper record / overdub, play / stop, undo / redo (hold for pre-post,) half-speed, and reverse
- White Scrolling – preset scrolling for two MIDI devices plus tap tempo
The DMC-6 was designed from the ground up to control the Strymon Timeline and Mobius together as one seamless unit. Using the preset modes, the player can activate combined presets on each pedal simultaneously. Any available user or factory preset may be recalled on either unit, including bypass. The convenient tap tempo control on the front right corner of the DMC-7 sends commands to both Timeline and Mobius simultaneously. The DMC-7 also has a separate third channel that may be used for controlling a DPC-5 or other MIDI device. The third channel commands are mapped by default for the Line 6 M-series, and can easily be assigned to control the Eventide Factor pedals (Timefactor, Modfactor, Pitchfactor, SPACE.)
Alternate firmware configurations are available, including configurations for the Line 6 M-Series, Fractal Audio AXE-FX (Ultra / II,) universal MIDI program change, and Custom. Please select Custom firmware only if instructed to do so by Disaster Area Designs.