The DPC-8EZ Gen3 is our updated compact pedalboard control system with eight effects loops and MIDI.
A bypass looper can streamline your rig in ways you never thought possible – imagine being able to tap one footswitch to go from verse to chorus to bridge of a song, while changing up to eight different effects plus two MIDI devices!
If you already have a MIDI controller, the DPC-8EZ can act as a MIDI “slave” on any available channel. You can even connect two or more DPC-8EZ to control more pedals.
The DPC-8EZ is fully compatible with the Disaster Area Gen3 pedal controllers – connect it to add eight effects loops under MIDI control. The DPC-8EZ can also function as a standalone MIDI controller for up to two devices.
Do you have a MIDI-capable multi-effects unit like the Line 6 Helix / Helix LT / HX Effects, or Fractal AX8? The DPC-8EZ Gen3 can interface directly with your rig to add up to eight independently controllable loops for your non-MIDI pedals! Combine your favorite analog distortion, compression, modulation, and delay pedals with the digital sounds from your other gear, without giving up your control and flexibility.
What’s new in Gen3?
The switching system at the heart of the DPC-8EZ is so robust and transparent that we didn’t dare to change it! We did add a few nice new features, though!
- Faster, more powerful 32-bit processor
- Improved USB MIDI capabilities
- User-definable LED brightness (10 levels)
- New MIDI mode controls up to two MIDI devices with program select and tap tempo
- Preset mode now controls MIDI and loops
- Tuner output jack doubles as a MultiJack
- MultiJack functions as MIDI input & output OR double MIDI output
- MultiJack is directly compatible with Chase Bliss, Empress, or Meris pedals
- Compact size – 10″ x 2.6″ x 2″ excluding switch caps and jacks.
- No special power supply required – uses less than 120mA, 9V from a Pedal Power 2 or similar.
- 5 footswitches for preset selection or manual effects loop control.
- 48 presets accessible by foot, arranged in four folders with three banks of four presets each.
- 128 presets accessible using an external MIDI controller
- Full MIDI control of presets and effects loops
- 8 effects loops with a custom-designed switching matrix
- MIDI mode controls up to two MIDI devices
- Dedicated insert connection may be assigned to any position in the effects loop section.
- Always-on tuner out with tuner mute, doubles as second MIDI interface
- Status LEDs with user-definable brightness work in any situation from an orchestra pit to full sun.
- Exclusive Z-MODE buffer allows you to tailor the impedance to work with fuzz, vibe, wah, and other impedance-sensitive pedals
- USB connector for MIDI connection and future firmware upgrades (PC and Mac firmware update tools available.)
Modes of Operation:
DPC-8EZ Insert Connector
- Split the paths to place loops 1-4 in the preamp of your amp, 5-8 in the effects loop
- Split the paths to switch effects in two separate amplifiers or signal chains
- Place a volume pedal after your drive pedals / before your modulation and time-based effects
- Use the Stereo Link feature to have the left stereo channel use loops 1-4 and the right stereo channel use loops 5-8
Cables and Connections